The Scrum Master / PM will be part of a large program that supports application development across a large portolio of IT applications. The Scrum Master will lead one or more development teams supporting full lifecycle development of new applications and major enhancements or upgrades. Specific job responsibilities include the following:
- Organizes and facilitates project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Tracks and communicates team velocity and sprint/release progress.
- Ensures that the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Assists as needed with backlog maintenance.
- Assists with prioritization and resolution of defects/bugs.
- Assists the team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition.
- Identifies and removes impediments and prevents distractions.
- Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success
- Helps manage resource assignments across multiple projects