The SharePoint Farm / Server Administrator oversees the SharePoint Server Central Administrator functions of SharePoint 2016 across the organization. Support the installation, configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of servers, equipment, and software related to SharePoint infrastructure. They will also support the upgrade of various SharePoint applications from MOSS 2007 to SP 2016. Specific duties include:
- Maintain and administer Microsoft SharePoint 2016 Servers, including daily monitoring, troubleshooting and performance analysis
- Install and configure SharePoint software and related components at the server level, including SQL Server, web server and application server
- Manage the functionality of features such as Search, view the Audit Log Reports, work with site collection policies, manage the site collection caching, and activate or deactivate Site Collection features
- Participate in planning and execution of tasks related to the evaluation of new SharePoint based initiatives (upgraded versions, patching, and integration with additional Enterprise Systems)
- Perform typical system administrative activities such backup, restore and issue resolution
- Provide guidance and recommendations for enterprise deployments of SharePoint, including future upgrades to SP 2019 and cloud deployment to Office 365.
- Develop PowerShell scripts.
- Perform upgrades of SharePoint applications from MOSS 2007 to SP 2016.
- Maintain current industry knowledge of development concepts, best practices, and procedures for SharePoint 2016 and Cloud solutions